Welcome to www.harbourhotel.co.uk (the “Site”).
We understand that privacy online is important to users of our Site, especially when conducting business. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site who visit without transacting business and Visitors who register to transact business on the Site and make use of the various services offered by www.harbourhotesl.co.uk.
Brighton Harbour Hotel, Bristol Harbour Hotel, Chichester Harbour Hotel, Christchurch Harbour Hotel, Christchurch Restaurants Limited, The Kings Arms Christchurch, St Ives Harbour Hotel, Guildford Harbour Hotel, Salcombe Harbour Hotel, Southampton Harbour Hotel and Sidmouth Harbour Hotel are all wholly owned subsidiaries of Harbour Hotels Group Limited and is part of the Harbour Hotels Group.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Your rights. § Keeping your information.
- How we secure your information.
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as a Harbour Hotels customer, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your arrival and departure dates.
- Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our hotel.
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
How will we use the information about you?
We use your information in a number of different ways, primarily to fulfill a contract and also provide excellent service to our customers — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we use the information we collect for.
Personal Information What we use it for Contact Details To manage the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests and other hotel services.
To manage your stay at the hotel, room lists, restaurant bookings, special requests and services.
To monitor your use of hotel services.
To manage invoicing and payment records.
Personal Information To improve hotel services, to input to our marketing programme, to assist promotion of our services, and adapting our products. Information relating to your children Limited to nationality and D.O.B. only supplied by an adult. Used to manage their stay at the hotel. Credit Card Number To guarantee bookings and to take payment. Arrival and Departure dates To manage your hotel booking. Preferences and Interests To enhance customers, stay at our hotel and to customise and improve the services we offer Questions / Comments To collect feedback to improve our services and monitor customer experience.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us, details in the contact us section at the end of this document.
Keeping Your Information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting.
We’ll also hold on to your information If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
How we secure your information
Harbour Hotels takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards, we apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard to all environments storing personal data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
Training for employees and contractors
- We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
Vendor risk management
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
- (1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- (2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- (3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- (4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Changes to how we protect your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services
How to contact us
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice.
- Would like us to stop using your information.
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint.
You can contact our privacy team by emailing us at:
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Harbour Hotels, 95 Mudeford, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 3NT
Sunday Night Getaway
20% Off Bed & Breakfast Or Dinner Bed & Breakfast
Stay Longer, Save More
NewsletterSIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER HERE